The vast majority of television provokes in me a profound 'Meh.'
And as I don't have a television, it means that I don't watch a lot of the shows that come along.
But this does mean that when I come across a show, it's generally,
1. Pretty good, if it has survived.
2. Gained a cult following already.
3. Pretty darn good.
And so it is with Life on Mars, which I LOVE. And Ashes to Ashes, which I probably love even more.
I would imagine that's because:
1. The protagonist is female (and pretty awesome, if nuts)
2. Gene Hunt gets even more character development (and more great lines)
3. I was born in the 80's, so I know all the music, by osmosis if nothing else.
There's a third season coming up in April. Awesomeness.
In the mean time, the 80's are back (again) and this time it's makeup, electric blue everything (eek), and pussybow blouses (those I could do without as well).
Repeat after me, self: Just because Keeley Hawes is so beautiful that she would look good in a sack, does not mean that blue eyeshadow and huge hair are good ideas. Or those one-shoulder tops that expose your bra to all and sundry. No. Just say no.
Ask Allie: Vegas Bound - What to Wear
3 hours ago